CareXML® Business Intelligence Overview
The implementation of any Information solution is only as effective as the extent to which it supports the objectives of the organisation and its processes. Equally, the benefit of any new system can be directly proportional to the extent to which current processes are reviewed and changed to reflect the present and future needs of the organisation. This is particularly relevant in the Commissioning led world of the NHS today.
It is for this reason that the Stalis CareXML® Business Intelligence solution is not just a software based system, but is a combination of software and expert professional services that allow a high degree of local configuration to deliver a complete solution, or equally to support a healthcare organisation to build their own. CareXML® Business Intelligence contains a pre-defined set of standard reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), which can easily be adapted and extended to suit specific requirements. It also provides a complete suite of business intelligence, data analysis, data reporting and development tools.
Stalis technology and architecture is fully compliant with NHS data standards and has been purposely developed to allow integration with a Trust's internal and external systems and services,
Stalis’ approach is to take a holistic view across the health economy at all levels to establish the appropriate information requirements and, equally importantly, to work with Trust or CCG management and staff to ensure the identified benefits can be realised.
CareXML® Business Intelligence offers these organisations the ability to:
- Map the organisational structure and establish the key measures (metrics) for every functional area related to the organisation’s overall plans and targets, its goals and challenges. This establishes a firm foundation for the communication of information, objectives and targets throughout the organisation in a consistent fashion and to aid such exercises as ‘what do we need to change to meet our performance goals?’
- Review the existing data sources and determine the information needs of management operationally and in response to particular initiatives. During this implementation exercise, review the current processes and the potential for change associated with the mapping exercise as above
- Create a tailored information solution, integrated with existing operational systems to extract data, utilising as appropriate, the range of Stalis’s data extraction, data warehousing and information presentation tools including reporting, analysis, balanced score card and executive information systems. This will respond to the need for numeric based data potentially on a daily or a less frequent basis
- Incorporate data from Financial, HR and other non-patient based systems where appropriate
- Incorporate data from national sources e.g. HES to benchmark local performance and identify improvement opportunities
- Incorporate subjective (‘soft’) measurements needed to respond to qualitative CQUIN & QUIPP targets
- Deploy the information solution across the health organisation thus increasing user satisfaction, reducing the demand on central information resources for ad-hoc queries and providing improved analysis and understanding of healthcare delivery and impact on outcomes
Through this comprehensive approach, which can be enacted at any level in the healthcare organisation, Stalis offers a unique service that is unrivalled in the industry today by virtue of our key skills and experience.
Stalis solutions are matched individually to the needs of the organisation yet are cost effective through a combination of the Stalis experience and the software products specially designed and selected for performance management tasks. Importantly a healthcare organisation can acquire as much or as little of the service approach as they require.
Stalis deliver solutions based on the CareXML® suite of products, methodologies and services. These, combined with specialist reporting and analysis tools are designed to interact with the organisation’s existing systems and databases, and/or with external data sources, using XML and HL7 where appropriate to extract the required data, validate and integrate it in a patient centric repository to deliver exceptionally high quality information.